Sunday, December 20, 2009

smoke pretty


if you had come to me when i was fifteen years old and asked me if i would ever end up smoking cigarettes, i would've told you, emphatically, "...no!" wow, how my mind has changed. i could take the easy excuse and claim that i only started smoking because i worked in the restaurant industry, but that might not be entirely accurate. but i DO know that's when i started smoking. i was working at the legendary Rock-Ola cafe, when i made friends with a very cool girl with a stud through her tongue. it's insane that i can't remember her name. she offered me a cig after a grueling shift. and from that moment, i started buying them. i chose Camels because my favorite movie at the time was 'lawrence of arabia.' i know i became close to this girl, because i went to visit her in the hospital for some reason... but i have NO memory of her name. but, all that aside, i'm glad i'm old enough to remember when cigs could be advertised on tv. so dig this magazine ad for a brand i'm sure you can't get anymore. i think i can safely say i've never smoked an 'eve.' but i DO remember seeing them for sale. hey, light'em if you got'em, ladies.

2 comments:

jean-lucien said...

i started smoking at cbs, trying to hang out with a "talent" i used to crush on.
mmm, but i wouldve started eventually, i mean, you know, there they are.

lucynell2 said...

I think there was pretty much nothing that could stop me from smoking. I love these cigs. RIP smoking in Bars in NC...sigh. I'm such a redneck/European in that way, I like to smoke indoors.