Saturday, July 5, 2008

a little glamor, for martha


a couple of nights ago, i told my mother i'd post something especially for her, but i kind of flaked and forgot about it... i remembered it too late, but tonight i decided to 'make good.' i know she's always liked the cool blonde screen queen kim novak. i like her, too... primarily because she reminds me of my mother. its not just because my mother used to mention her a lot, i've always thought they often looked alike. so tonight i went fishing for novak shots, and when i saw this one, i knew i had to post it. she reminds me so much of my mother in this one. the elegance of that neckline, it would suit my mom just as well as it suits kim. her whole look is so alluring and sophisticated... the short hair, her complexion, even the intelligent, mysterious glint in her eyes... it all just made me think of my mom. so this post is especially for her, and i hope she likes it. (although, in all honesty, i think my mother is much prettier than kim. and i'm not just saying that to kiss up... i totally mean it.)

No comments: