Saturday, March 14, 2009

carroll smokes


yes, anyone that knows me, knows that i love shots of my fave stars that are 'never-before-seen' by me. and this glamorous shot of the marvelous carroll baker certainly falls into that category. believe me, i pearldive for carroll baker picksh regularly, and i know i've never seen this one. and it's hot, no? if you think the color looks a little queer, its because the original was so shock-overexposed i really had to do some strange work on it to make it a little easier on the eye. god, she was a sexy little hot starlet in her day. and i love her because i've seen her without all that makeup, and it really IS her face under there, if that makes any sense. like, she really doesn't need any of that paint, but its only intensifying what's already there; not really 'creating' any false lines and-or contours. she really doesn't need much 'help,' ...she's just naturally that lovely and sexy 'as-is.' i probably don't have to say this shot was in the early 60's, around the time she made the trashy and surprisingly boring 'harlow,' and the soap-opera-fied 'the carpetbaggers.' but hey, to me, she'll always be my little 'babydoll.' hey carroll, smoke one for me, you wild temptress.

No comments: