Thursday, August 21, 2008

d is for dustin and mia


man, i'm tired. i had the tremendous good fortune to re-connect with an old friend tonight. we talked for like, and hour, and hey, she digs my 'planetcool!' so with our conversation fresh in my mind, i really wanted to post something real special, but i'm pretty tired. i know i've got to get started somehow. so, in keeping with my alphabet, i dug out this lovely TIME magazine cover starring a young dustin hoffman and a young and beautiful mia farrow. i've had 'rosemary's baby' in heavy rotation lately, as well as the 'know-it-by-heart' classic 'tootsie.' this cover makes it seem like they were an item. hey, maybe they were. i can only imagine what an insecure dating pair those two would've made. i love the cover, too... especially after i got my 'tricking skill' hands on it. so dig it, while i try to go dig up something else. (i tried to find some more cig ads, lucynell, but they're rare pearls... very hard to come by.)

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I deeply heart Planetcool! And I deeply miss cigarette ads. Remember Capris? I tried smoking one once. It was like puffing on a Putt Putt pencil.