Tuesday, August 18, 2009

emerald jelica


i think its cool that i've just recently (well, relatively recently) learned that anjelica huston once had a flourishing modeling career. and thanks to the 'sweeping-cape' nature of 'This Wild Machine,' i'm able to see some of the groovy photos that were produced over those years. i really like this one. here we have the crucial-and-beautiful miss huston, dreamily dolled up in cool, minty, dreamy, jungly shades of green. wow, look at those eyes... how they glint and glitter like malachite. she seems to be ...acting, like, conveying an emotion, even though its 'just a photo shoot.' i love the jewled vest... i dig the flowing, long legs of the outfit. but above all, i just love that look on her face. so bright, so positive, so lovely. she looks both 'smart and logical,' yet still 'wistful and hopelessly romantic.' i love this era of clothing and photography. i wish there was a lot more stuff out there just like this. groovy. (click to enlarge)

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I love it, too. I love the make-up stylings of that era as well. I wish I was good at make-up and stuff like that so I could duplicate it. I wish I was long and thin so I could wear vintage inspired, willowly 70s clothing like that...