Tuesday, April 22, 2008

frankly i forgot


yes, i forgot another very important birthday. on april 19th, the imcomparable mr. tim curry turned 62, if my math is correct. one might expect me to say that i first noticed tim curry in his role of dr. frank-n-furter from the 1977 cult classic 'the rocky horror picture show,' but its hard for me to remember for sure. i remember hearing his name in association with 'annie' when it was released in '82. i think i must've seen him host SNL in the 70's, because my parents watched that all the time. but yes, in 1987, i fell in love with rocky horror, and the hot, trashy, lush, rough, strutting tim curry as dr. frank was the gorgeous centerpiece of it all. if it hadn't been for this man in that role, i might've lost my virginity much later. and most certainly with someone else. but thanks to tim curry, and the rocky horror midnight scene, my first lay was with my first love. and he knows who he is. (actually, everyone who reads this will probably know who it is. but i suppose now that's no surprise.) here's a shot i found of tim on the set, getting his hair done by ramon gow. i don't think i've ever seen it before. so dig it, and don't dream it, be it.

No comments: