Monday, September 8, 2008

o is for 'opression joke'


...again, i'm reaching. but hey, with 26 letters to get through, it'll take me forever to get to 'z' if i start taking myself too seriously. anyone who's explored 'planetcool' has probably noticed i'm a lifelong fan of vintage MAD magazine, and particularly the art of Dave Berg, and his 'lighter side of...' observations. here is a single panel jean-lucien sent me a while ago, but that one panel is more than enough to get the joke across. i love the lines, the rooms he draws, and whoa, look at that venemous look on that hippy chick's face... does she hate 'the establishment' or what? rock on, hippy chick! your barefoot ways 'shall inherit,' or whatever.

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I LOVE THIS. It's how I feel at my "established anti-establishment" job right now.