Wednesday, September 10, 2008

p is for pins


wow, pins man... pins. where have all my pins gone? obviously, these are duran duran pins. and i'm not trying to brag, but i don't think there's one pictured that i didn't have. i used to dream about owning my own pin-slash-badge maker. i remember the way they (the pins) felt in my hand, and i recall i wore them most often on my left-hand side of my chest. hey, as an exercise in like, 'life affirming,' maybe i should track-down-and-buy some duran duran and-or morrissey pins. like, just for the hell of it. but i gotta give the 'inventor' of the modern 'badge pin' some credit. i mean, i can honestly testify that i accidentally had my fair share of those slick little suckers 'go through the wash,' and 97% of the time, they came out alright. so they had to be reasonably well-made. i must admit, i still like to see a guy-or-chick with some pins on. to me, its a sign that they're not taking themselves too seriously. and i like that. and i also believe in 'representing' your heroes. (click to enlarge)

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I still have all of my pins! They range from Ghostbusters to Huey Lewis and The News. All though, that's not really a far reaching range.