Wednesday, July 29, 2009

happy late birthday mick jagger


yeah, carnal mick's big bad birthday was like, on the 26th, and i missed it. but yeah, mick is a member of 'the club,' so i thought i'd throw him a birthday bone. it goes without saying that his contribution to the music world is almost impossible to calculate. but, with juicy roles in movies like 'ned kelly,' 'freejack;' and his smoldering role in the cult classic movie 'performance,' he's a legit film star as well. honestly, i think his acting 'chops' are pretty damn good. i'm sure anyone that knows me, knows how incredible i think 'performance' is. and the picture i've chosen here is actually a shot from that movie. he's playing a reclusive rock star named turner purple. he takes in a british gangster on the run from his bosses; a gangster played groovily by james fox. the two of them (and the groupie pherba, played by rocker chick anita pallenberg) do 'shrooms, freak out, and explore the puzzle of Identity. man, just talking about it is making me wanna roll it right now. so... according to my sources, mick just 'turned' a still-rockin' 66 years old. i have no doubt that mick will 'keep on rockin'.' happy birthday, mick. (click to enlarge)

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I think Mick Jagger must be the most charming human on the planet (no pun intended.) I told you the story about having to give him notes on a sketch. I loved him immediately and he immediately clocked my Southern accent and HE started doing a Southern accent. His tea kettle was on with no water in it and it was starting to burn. He said, "Do you smell something hot?" I said, "Yeah, I thought it was you." He laughed riotously at that. Then he GOT DOWN ON THE FLOOR to unplug the kettle and I saw his skinny little Mick Jagger crack. God Bless and Happy Birthday.