Monday, September 1, 2008

k is for kira


wow, i can remember when this movie came out. to me, it was like Barbie was real, and she had her own flick. all the costume changes, all the different looks... it was a dream come true to a ten-year old girl. hey, don't get me wrong, i've seen 'xanadu' recently, and from a filmmaking standpoint, it kind of sucks. i mean, who ever came up with michael beck in a 'leading man' role? like he's the 'woodenest.' and the writing is like, thud-city USA. and i know a lot of people 'bag on' gene kelly for being in it, but i've been a gene kelly fan for a long time, and i'm here to testify that a lot of his old studio pictures were no better or worse than 'xanadu.' i take 'xanadu' for what it is... candy. pure candy for the eyes and ears. never underestimate the power of candy.

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

The summer of 1980 was all about me obsessively watching this movie every time it aired. I had to pretend to be BFFs with this annoying, gross girl so that I could watch it on HBO (we didn't have HBO in my house.) I whored myself out for Xanadu.

The Black Muse's hair always freaked-me out. It looks like a handle.