Thursday, August 28, 2008

j is for 'the joke'

yes, some may disagree, but in my opinion, this bit is full-fledged comedy gold. its a skit included in the 1969 production entitled, 'john cleese on how to irritate people.' anyone that knows me well at all knows that this skit is my favorite from all the clips on that particular compilation. it showcases the talents of michael palin, graham chapman, gillian lind, and last but certainly not least, miss connie booth as beryl, the wife. with her social gathering going down in crickets and tumbleweeds, she decides to shake things up a bit. the result is, in MY opinion, hilarious.

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

Michael Palin pooches this joke (especially at the end) so spectacularly, he doesn't even need the nose and funny hat. I'm with you on this one Almadora. I could've watched a whole scene of just the awkward chit-chat. I love texturey scenes like this. ESPECIALLY when they are awkward.

Here's something I wrote in that ilk (though I ain't Monty Python)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/18794/saturday-night-live-around-the-town

If it's steppy, hit pause and let it load for a minute.