Thursday, December 18, 2008

onj 77


yes, its that australian darling herself, miss olivia newton-john. this shot was taken in 1977. needless to say its before she bleached and went for that 'walking-talking-barbie-doll' look. yeah, this was more like, in her early country-folk days. i actually really like a lot of her stuff from back then. believe it or not, she does a dreamy creamy version of john denver's 'take me home, country roads,' that's actually so good its got a semi-permanent place in my massive song rotation. i like the 'more brunette' look on her. i know the haircut itself is dated, what with the 'wings' and all, but i think it looks great on her. i'd even wear it myself if i could get someone to reproduce it exactly. i love the kicky little go-go outfit, too. brown is such a groovy 70's color. dig it.

1 comment:

lucynell2 said...

I love this. I love her hair. I love the colors. And take a look at that groovalicious 70s sofa she's choosing NOT to sit on!